Hassane Yarti Morocco: Do you remember?

 


| Do you remember?


Do you remember?

When we were young

One day I sat alone and made a decision 

I came out of the silence of hearts

I wrote on all paths

"I love you," and I said it aloud


Do you remember?

How were we?

And where were we?

How many times have I visited you 

and repeated it over and over?


Do you remember? 

The beginning…

And the eagerness of a newborn child

The breeze of the dear café,

The mail letters

And our bewildered spirits?


Do you remember? 

Our beautiful love,

The large book of passion

And our drunken eyes? 


Do you remember the mornings,

The passing of noon,

The afternoon meetings,

and how we never drew the curtain over our windows?


Do you remember?

That years have passed 

And I still chant loyalty as my motto? 

Do not forget, 

And be with me 

So, I can be for you 

A green branch that refuses to turn yellow.






| Storming


I thought the dream had evaporated

I spent my life in sadness 

And I am more worthy of joy.


I thought that love stumbled at my feet 

But, 

It stormed me, my friend

And I was certain,

It was just late


So, it is love 

Who restores what is broken inside us?

Bends over laughing

Lending a hand to this damaged


To realize, my friend

That when you love,

Even time... yes, even time!

                          ...it changes.






| Forgotten tunes


In a moonless night

I stealthily moved

My sharp pen in hand

Weeping a white tale.


My letters slice through the darkness

Yearning for the melody of forgotten tunes

That dwell in the soul.


I wander the streets of the square,

Where are those whom…

I fought with my silent words?


Poets have departed

And pens that have faded with time

My letters sway like autumn leaves

Seeking a lost trace

Among the folds of a fading time.



I am like a lost poet

I chase shadows behind the veil of oblivion

To find trembling letters like tree branches

Searching for a vague hope,


In the epic of loss,

To the tune of words,

I see a shroud enveloping the place

And to the sound of the symphony of silence

The hymns have died. 

Hassane Yarti

Morocco





Σχόλια